Monday, January 6, 2014

Philosophy

I believe in transparency, when it comes to journalism or reviews I have always found that I connect the best with individuals that have a position and stick with it. I found that automotive journalists who are up front about who they are and what they like and what they don’t, what their biases are and what they drive are those that I am most drawn to and follow on a consistent basis. I often find myself enjoying a whole wide variety of content be it from the universally renowned Top Gear, the excellent Chris Harris, the very down to earth Matt Farah and the absolutely brilliant and ingenious guys at Mighty Car Mods. They are all very different but very consistent in their approach and that helps me understand their perspective and I appreciate them for what they are and represent.


I am a finance professional that has always had a thing for tinkering and mechanics. I got into cars at a very young age and took mechanics and design classes throughout high school. Throughout my formative years I travelled to various countries and experience different cities along with remote and often very inhospitable areas. I find myself very much a “driving purist”; I enjoy a car that offers a strong connection to the road with minimal interference. Whilst I often find myself thinking of what it would be like to commute in a Caterham or an Atom I am gripped by the reality of living in a city and not on a stretch of private road. I value practicality in cars and am of the belief that it is better to have a car that delivers a very good driving experience and be able to drive it all year round rather than one that is absolutely sublime but only gets pulled out of the garage 3 times a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment