Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Key Websites

Knowing the right places to get reliable information, order quality parts and interact with other like minded individuals is a key part of developing more knowledge and developing your passion and vehicle further. I have put together a short list of websites I have personally used and had excellent experiences with. Note that I am not being compensated by any of these sites monetarily or otherwise.

ECS Tuning (http://www.ecstuning.com/) – A fantastic site to purchase parts for most German vehicles. They have an excellent selection of parts, upgrades and most importantly tools. As any good German car tech knows, sometimes finding the tools to perform service work can be quite the task. The website is extremely well laid out and guides a user through what and will not work for a particular make of vehicle, making it very difficult to order the wrong item for your car. I have placed countless order never to find any mistake or error and have generally found their pricing to be quite reasonable.

Turner Motorsports (http://www.turnermotorsport.com/) – A BMW only retailer of replacement and upgrade components. Turner is also quite famous for running successful BMW racing teams. I would generally say that pricing is quite similar to ECS however I find that the ECS website is better structured and more intuitive to navigate. That being said there is something to say for a BMW dedicated retailer; they have a deep selection of products and I have found them to have never made a mistake on any of my orders. Definitely worth investigating.

Burger Motor Sports (http://www.burgertuning.com/) – A primarily BMW upgrade and modification manufacturer and retailer. They offer in-house designed tuning chips and custom components for E90, E82 and F30 platform vehicles. What I absolutely love about BMS is that you can tell whoever is designing the products owns and loves these cars, as they develop products that solve knits that these cars have rather than just making the standard array of intakes, exhausts and body kits. BMS offers unique products that address issues with these cars such as oil catch cans, cowl filters and thermostat bypasses. I must absolutely comment on their excellent customer service, Terry Burger answered my emails when I had a fitment issue worked through it with me and at no charge shipped me a replacement hose that was causing the fit issue.


E90 Post (http://www.e90post.com/forums/) – What is there to say, a great forum and resource for E90 owners to learn and troubleshoot their cars. This is probably the best place to start when it comes to learning about your car and modifying it. There are similar forums for every body series BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Porsche etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment